Welcome to the OUHSC Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Homepage
All personnel involved with the care and/or use of animals at OUHSC are encouraged to review the information provided on this website.
The OUHSC IACUC is properly appointed according to PHS Policy IV.A.3.a., and is qualified through the experience and expertise of its members to oversee the Institution’s animal care and use program and facilities.
The OUHSC IACUC will:
- Review at least once every six months the Institution's program for humane care and use of animals, using the Guide as a basis for evaluation.
- Inspect at least once every six months all of the Institution's animal facilities, including satellite facilities and animal surgical sites, using the Guide as a basis for evaluation.
- Prepare reports of the IACUC evaluations as set forth in the PHS Policy IV.B.3 and submit the reports to the Institutional Official.
- Review concerns involving the care and use of animals at the Institution.
- Make written recommendations to the Institutional Official regarding any aspect of the Institution's animal program, facilities, or personnel training.
- Review and approve, require modifications in (to secure approval), or withhold approval of those activities related to the care and use of animals.
- Review and approve, require modifications in (to secure approval), or withhold approval of proposed significant changes regarding the use of animals in ongoing activities.
- Notify investigators and the institution in writing of its decision to approve or withhold approval of those activities related to the care and use of animals, or of modifications required to secure IACUC approval.
- Conduct continuing review of each previously approved, ongoing activity covered by PHS Policy at appropriate intervals as determined by the IACUC, including a complete review at least once every 3 years.