Immigration Regulations Update – January 5, 2004

Please make sure that you always give your current local address and correct email to the Office of Admissions and Records. INS and OUHSC require your correct local address in order to inform you about changes in laws, events, etc.


All international students in F-1 or J-1 status are required to file an annual tax return by April 15 th each year. Those who have no income need only to file a Form 8843. This form must also be filed for each dependent (spouse or child). Those students with any income must also file a 1040NR or 1040NREZ and the Oklahoma state tax form. We will have a list of VITA volunteer tax advisors emailed with a list of dates, times and locations.

The University of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity institution Disclaimer Copyright