F-2 Status

Internationals in F-2 status may no longer pursue a degree, nor may children in F-2 status study in elementary or secondary schools. Spouses may take a class that is for fun, such as one art class, but can no longer be a student in an academic program. Any study must be of “vocational or recreational nature”. This would be a course taken to pursue a hobby or something that is occasional or recreational.

A spouse on an F-2 VISA who applies and is admitted to a program must submit an Application for Change of Status (from F-2 to F-1) through the Admissions and Records International Advisor.


 The University of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity institution   Disclaimer   Copyright