Authorization for Employment and Training

Never work off-campus unless you have current authorization from INS or an International Student Advisor (for on-campus employment or curricular practical training).

You must either have a signature from our office on the last page of your I-20 or an employment authorization card (EAD) from the INS. All off-campus employment have a beginning and ending date. Renewals must be done before resuming work. Even 1 day of work without authorization is a serious violation of U.S. law. On-campus work does not require authorization, but you must maintain your full-time student status to be authorized. On campus work is limited to 20 hours or less per week during the fall and spring and may be full-time during the summer. Note: Students with a Graduate Assistantship with a 20-hour work requirement per week are considered by INS to have part-time employment and cannot work another part-time campus job).

The University of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity institution Disclaimer Copyright