OUHSC provides the option to add external users (outside of our faculty, staff, and current students) to the OUHSC Desire2Learn (D2L) learning management system in order to support our medical education outreach programs and Continuing Education courses. Below you can find more information regarding the options and requirements for use.The Desire2Learn Learning Environment provides secure web-based sites for posting course/training materials and conducting classes/training on the Internet. Users must login with their individual username and password to access the site materials. The main tools and features provided in each site shell are:
- News: post announcements to site users
- Content: post electronic files for review by users which generally includes: MS Office files, PDF files, image files, links to websites and videos
- Dropbox: enrolled users can submit electronic files for grading or information collection
- Discussions: tracked online conversation between enrolled users which can be graded if desired
- Quizzes and Surveys: enrolled users can take tests or surveys online
- Grades: Customer site leaders can post individual grades and comments for enrolled users to review online
- Classlist: roster of enrolled users with email communication capabilities
- Basic User Stats: tracks site usage and various accessed tools/features by enrolled users
This is a pay for use service. The average cost is $30 per user for one year of OUHSC D2L access (unlimited site enrollment) to cover the D2L license fee, tech support, and administrative costs.
This document provides information on the D2L policies, procedures, and responsibilities for use.
Request a Community Site
Use the link below to request a Community Site and begin the process of creating your site.
Community Request Form
Additional Information and Questions
E-mail email@example.com if you need additional information or have any questions.