Food Assistance Programs

Many hard-working Oklahomans need a little help to make sure they get enough nutritious food. Different programs and resources are available to help them.

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly the Food Stamp Program, helps people of all ages get the food they need with the Access Oklahoma card, an electronic benefit transfer (EBT) card. SNAP is for any legal United States resident who meets the income guidelines. Call 1-866-411-1877 for SNAP information or visit the Oklahoma Department of Human Services website for more information.

Women Infants and Children Supplemental Nutrition Program-usually called WIC-provides nutrition education, information about breastfeeding, and nutritious foods. The WIC program is for women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have recently given birth and children under five years old. Call 1-888-655-2942 or visit the WIC website.

School Lunch and Breakfast Programs offer free and reduced-price meals at school to children with low incomes who qualify. Contact the Oklahoma Child Nutrition Office at (405) 521-3327 or visit the Oklahoma State Department of Education web site.

Meals on Wheels is a meal delivery program for elderly people who are homebound. Anyone over 60 years old and their spouses regardless of age qualify. Call the Areawide Aging Agency Senior info-line at 1-800-211-2116 or find your local Areawide Aging Agency information on the Oklahoma Department of Human Services website.

2014 Free Summer Meal Program Lists for

Oklahoma City area

Tulsa area



Rural Oklahoma

You can also find out information by calling (405) 521-3327 or

visit the Oklahoma State Department of Education web site.


2014 School Supply Resources

Oklahoma City area

Tulsa area

Rural Oklahoma by County

Oklahoma Tribal


Take our survey!
This website designed by The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Information Technology Department.