The FLN strengthen family leadership and advocacy in Oklahoma. The FLN is made up of family members of children, youth and/or adults with develop-mental disabilities and special health care needs, who serve in leadership roles across the state.
Goals of FLN:
- Educate families to advocate at the local, state, and national level on behalf of all families.
- Mentor family leaders, formally and informally, to engage in leadership and advocacy activities throughout the state.
- Promote educational opportunities that advance best practices.
- Partner and provide technical assistance to local, state, and national agencies and organizations to provide the family’s perspective for systems impact.
- Partner with higher education institutions to provide the family perspective in developing, delivering, and evaluating coursework and practicum requirements.
- Maintain and expand connections and networks of family leaders locally and statewide.
For more information about the FLN, contact:
Community Leadership and Advocacy Coordinator
Oklahoma LEND Core Faculty, Parent/Family Issues