Homepage Content Consideration
The HSC homepage, which averages 130,000 page views per day, is a great place to have your content seen. The newly designated OUHSC Web Team will consider all OUHSC-related content however not all submissions will automatically be included on the HSC homepage. Space is very limited and we have to consider out external audiences first (prospective students, parents, visitors, and OUHSC alumni).
There are a few things to consider before submitting your content.
- Submissions must be received by the Web Team at least 10 days prior to the date you would like the content to run.
- In order to keep information current, content will only be featured for 6-8 days.
- If your content cannot be featured on the HSC homepage, we can discuss alternative ways to share your events (social media, event calendar, etc.)
- Content may be removed at anytime to make room for high priority or specific messages.
- Placement of content in certain sections is also at the Web Team’s discretion.
Homepage Submissions: Getting Started
The Web Team will place your content in one of three spots at our discretion.
- Billboard - The slideshow holds five content slots and rotates through images every few seconds. All images are 429 pixels wide by 318 pixels tall and optimized for web.
- HSC News Section - Headlines are typically 38 characters or less (including spaces) and the body is typically no longer than 500 words. Thumbnails are 110 pixels by 110 pixels and optimized for web.
- Calendars - There are many calendars for you to submit your events. All event submissions undergo moderation and, if approved, will display on the calendar page it was submitted on. Additionally, all events will feed into the primary Campus Calendar. Please make sure to submit your event on the proper calendar or it will not be approved. Below is a partial list of available calendars and their links.
- Campus Calendar
- Student Calendar
- Rounds and Seminars
- Prepare a press release or provide the URL to your site with the event/story information. Please include date, time, contact, and location information for all events.
- Provide a high resolution image (larger than 500 pixels wide and 500 pixels tall and 72DPI or higher) if you’re submitting content for the slideshow. We will prep the content and optimize it for web.
- Email your content to the HSC Web Team at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 business days prior to the date when you would like the content to run.