The Children’s Hospital Recognized for Excellence in Perinatal Care
Published: Monday, October 21, 2019
The Children’s Hospital at OU Medicine has been awarded a Spotlight Hospital Award for excellence in perinatal care by the Oklahoma Perinatal Quality Improvement Collaborative.
The hospital also received special recognition for being the only hospital attaining the Spotlight Hospital Award for all five years the award has been presented.
Spotlight Hospital Awards recognize hospitals around Oklahoma for participation and sustained improvement in the following areas:
* Early elective deliveries
* Education to prevent abusive head trauma
* Modeling and promoting safe sleep practices
* Accurate newborn screening
* Creating an environment that is supportive of best practices in maternity care and breastfeeding
* Being prepared for obstetrical emergencies through training, guidelines and hospital resources
The awards were presented at the Oklahoma State Department of Health’s Preparing for a Lifetime’s 10th Anniversary Summit, held September 20, in partnership with the Oklahoma Perinatal Quality Improvement Collaborative.