OUHSC provides the option to add external users (outside of our faculty, staff, and current students) to the Brightspace by D2L learning management system to support our medical education outreach programs and Continuing Education courses.
Brightspace offers a secure site for posting course/training materials and conducting classes/training online. Users must log in with their provided username and password to access the site materials.
The main tools and features provided in each site shell, otherwise known as a course, are:
- News: post announcements to site users
- Content: post electronic files for review by users, which generally includes MS Office files, PDFs, images, links to websites, and links or embedded videos
- Assignments: enrolled users can submit electronic files for grading or information collection
- Discussions: tracked online conversation between enrolled users, which are gradable if desired
- Quizzes and Surveys: enrolled users can take tests or surveys online
- Grades: Customer site leaders can post individual grades and comments for enrolled users to review online Classlist: a roster of enrolled users with email communication capabilities
- Basic User Stats: tracks site usage and various accessed tools/features by enrolled users
To utilize Brightspace for external users is a pay-for-use service. The average cost is $30 per user for one year of OUHSC Brightspace access (unlimited site enrollment) to cover the license fee, tech support, and administrative costs.
For more information on the Brightspace by D2L policies, procedures, and responsibilities for use at OUHSC, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a Community Site
Use the link below to begin the process of creating a Community Site.
Additional Information and Questions
Contact email@example.com for additional information or questions.