OBRC Pathway 3 Program Information
A Continuing Education (CE) offering through the Department of Nutritional Sciences, College of Allied Health, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
The International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) has 3 pathways to qualify for their exam. Each pathway has three requirements: 1) General College Education Courses, 2) 90 hours of Lactation Specific Education and 3) 300-1,000 Lactation Specific Clinical Experience Hours (required hours vary by Pathway).
For those who choose the IBLCE
Pathway 3 (Lactation Specific Clinical Experience via Mentorship),
the Oklahoma Breastfeeding Resource Center (OBRC) offers two 6-month,
full-time, clinical training opportunities: Spring (Jan.-Jun.) and Fall
The OBRC Pathway 3 (P3) Training Program has two fees:
- A $100 Application Fee
- A $2,000 Training Fee (can be paid in installments)
OBRC P3 Program application deadlines are as follows:
- Spring Training Session (Jan. - Jun.) deadline is the 2nd Friday of October.
- Fall Training Session (Jul. - Dec.) deadline is the 2nd Friday of April.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY! (Training dates follow the
OUHSC University Holiday Calendar)
Completion of the OBRC P3 Program fulfills the clinical training requirement (500 hours) to be eligible to sit for the exam put forth by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners
(IBLCE) for designation as an International Board Certified Lactation
Consultant / Registered Lactation Consultant (IBCLC/RLC).
OBRC Pathway 3 Trainees will be issued a certificate of completion once the below requirements have been met.
Completion of all clinical hours scheduled by OBRC
- Completion of all assignments administered by OBRC
- Completion of documentation of IBLCE Clinical Competencies for IBCLC Practice (documented throughout the 6 months of training)
- Completion of an evaluation of the OBRC Pathway 3 Program (provided during the last week of training)
- Full payment of the OBRC clinical lactation training fee