Updated COVID-19 Travel and Exposure Guidance
Published April 01, 2020
All Employees, Students, Resident Physicians, and Mission-Critical Campus Visitors/Vendors:
Please note the following updated COVID-19 travel and exposure guidance:
COVID-19 Travel Guidance
- If you have returned from domestic or international travel in the last 14 days, you must complete a screening* for assessment and clearance PRIOR to returning to campus. Domestic travel is defined as travel outside the state of Oklahoma. Also, please note that campus is closed to visitors and vendors who are not considered mission-critical.
- OU Employees, Students, and Resident Physicians: Please complete the online COVID-19 Travel Screening Form as soon as possible (log in with your OU/OUHSC assigned login and password**).
- Mission-Critical Campus Visitors/Vendors: Contact the appropriate campus for a screening:
COVID-19 Exposure Guidance
- If you have been in close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19, call or email your campus health clinic:
- If you begin to experience symptoms that could be consistent with COVID-19 such as fever (temp ≥ 100.4˚ F), chills, cough, shortness of breath, body aches, and/or extreme fatigue, please remain home and contact your campus health clinic for further guidance regarding restrictions to return to campus. Please contact your primary care provider with any personal medical questions and for guidance concerning your specific symptoms.
*A medical professional will be in contact with you, typically within 24 hours following your screening submission. Based on a medical professional’s review of your information against criteria developed by public health and infectious disease experts, you may be directed to observe a self-isolation period.
**If you need assistance accessing the form with your OU/OUHSC assigned login and password, please contact your campus IT Help Desk.
OU-Norman IT Service Desk
(405) 325-HELP (4357)
OUHSC IT Service Desk
(405) 271-2203 or
Toll-Free (888) 435-7486
OU-Tulsa IT Service Desk