The OU Health Sciences Center
The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center is the only comprehensive academic health center in Oklahoma training physicians, dentists, nurses, pharmacists, public health specialists, allied health personnel and research scientists.
The campus is home to seven colleges, all within walking distance of each other. Intermingled among the colleges are OU Physicians, OU MEDICAL CENTER, Dean McGee Eye Institute, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma State Department of Health, the Veteran's Hospital and numerous other health related entites.
More than 3,500 OUHSC support staff work on the campus within the academic, medical, research and clinical areas.
Who We Are
- The Staff Senate is the employee liaison group representing the OUHSC staff and is comprised of members from designated groups on campus.
- Staff Senate Senators are elected annually by the constituents of their group.
- To serve as a representative body of the staff employees of The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Aid in the exchange of information between the University and its staff employees.
- Function for the welfare of the university and to foster a spirit of unity and cooperation among all staff employees of the University.
- Function as an advisory body to study and make recommendations to the President through the Provost on such policy matters as may directly affect staff employees.
You Can Make a Difference!
- Serve as a Senator for your area or building
- Help with a committee
- Volunteer for special events and projects
For more information, to volunteer for an event, or serve on a committee, serve as a Senator or Alternate on Staff Senate, please email the Chair-Elect or the Staff Senate Office. We welcome all staff members to become involved in the excitement on campus!
Staff Senate Office
Service Center Building, Room 237