Platelets on the Web
This website provides our perspective about current information on:
- Disorders with only a low platelet count
- Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP)
- Drug-Induced Thrombocytopenia (DITP)
- Low platelet counts that occur during pregnancy
- Disorders with low platelet counts associated with anemia caused by blood clots in small vessels throughout the body (described as Thrombotic Microangiopathy, or TMA)
- Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (TTP)
- Drug-Induced TMA (DITMA)
- Hemolytic-Uremic Syndrome (HUS)
- Complement-mediated TMA
We hope this website will be a useful reference for physicians, patients, family and friends.
James N. George, M.D.
Professor of Medicine
Hematology-Oncology Section, Department of Medicine
Department of Biostatistics & Epidemiology, College of Public Health
University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Last update: 4-16-15
The information included in this website is for educational purposes only. The designers and operators of this site take no responsibility for the things you may do with this information. For advice on your unique medical condition, please consult your health care professional. By going further into this website you acknowledge that you have read and understood this disclaimer.