Employee of the Month
The Employee of the Month award program was developed to encourage recognition of OUHSC staff who have significantly benefited the University and who have made contributions beyond the usual expectations of their employment.
Award: The Employee of the Month will receive a plaque and a check for $500.00 at a reception hosted by his/her department. The EOM's picture will be displayed throughout the OUHSC campus. He/she will be a candidate for the Employee of the Year Award, which will be announced at the annual Employees' Recognition Luncheon in April. The new Employee of the Year will be presented with a plaque and a check for $1,000.00
Eligibility and Rules: To be eligible for this award, the employee must have held a full-time, permanent, non-faculty appointment at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Oklahoma City or Tulsa Campus for at least five consecutive calendar years. A minimum of three letters of support from OUHSC personnel must accompany the nomination, one of which must be from the employee's direct supervisor. There is no maximum number of letters that may be included. Incomplete or anonymous nominations will not be considered. Nominations not selected as Employee of the Month will be held and reconsidered each month for one year from the date first received. Employees who have retired or resigned from the University since being nominated are not eligible to recieve the award.
Suggested Criteria for Nomination/Selection: A scoring model will be used by the Employee of the Month Selection Committee based upon the following criteria. However, an employee need not meet all these requirements to receive the award. In order for the committee to fully evaluate the nominated employee's attributes and/or achievements, it is important that specific examples are cited in the letters of recommendation.
- Does the employee have an outstanding attendance record?
- Does the employee consistently "go the extra mile" without being asked?
- Is the employee creative within their position? Have they improved work methods, improved efficiency within the department, contributed to new ideas, or enhanced their own responsibilities?
- Do they advance their knowledge by learning new skills?
- Is the employee cooperative, compassionate, and friendly to fellow employees on a regular basis?
- Have they served on HSC committees or volunteered for special projects?
- Have they received recognition or awards from OUHSC, published and/or assisted in prestigious research?
- Does the employee have better-than-average ability to work under pressure?
- Is the employee extraordinarily loyal and dedicated to OUHSC?
- Does the employee possess other qualities that would make him/her deserving of such an award?
Remember: the employee does not have to meet all criteria in order to be nominated or selected for the Employee of the Month award.