In the event of an explosion inside any building, and where the explosion is confined to a small, or specific area, take the following actions:
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks or other such objects will afford protection against glass and debris.
- After the effects of the explosion have subsided, call the OU HSC Police (271-4911).
- If possible, activate the buildings fire alarm system by use of a pull station.
- Evacuate the building.
- Seek out, and assist injured, and disabled persons in evacuation. Exit via the stairway, DO NOT USE ELEVATORS.
- Once outside, move to an area at least 300 feet away from the affected building. Keep roadways and walkways clear for emergency response personnel and vehicles.
- Await further instructions from emergency responders, and other properly identified personnel. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GO BACK INTO THE BUILDING.