The OU Health Sciences Center, OU Medical Center, and the OUHSC Police Department work together to serve the campus community through professional training and customer service by providing assistance to our faculty, staff, patients, and visitors.
The OUHSC Police Department serves the HealthCare Community by:
- Responding to Assistance Calls for disorderly patients and visitors.
- Responding to emergency alarms such as fire, and security-sensitive areas.
- Unlocking and Relocking Doors.
- Monitoring Security badge access and alarm systems.
- Providing Security for security-sensitive areas and completes annual security assessments.
- Reporting problems areas in Facilities to the appropriate departments.
- Responding and providing security during emergencies.
- Providing services such as escorts, issues passes and monitors visitor activity after hours.
Professional training and certifications that some or all police officers and security officers have achieved:
- CIT (Crisis Intervention) Certification
- Bike Officer Training and Certification
- Homeland Security Training:
- Introduction National Response Framework
- Introduction National Incident Management Systems
- Introduction to ICS Incident Command
- ICS Single Resource Action Incidents
- Threat and Risk Assessment course
- Surveillance Detection Training for Commercial Infrastructure Operators and Security Staff
- Fundamentals of Healthcare Emergency Management
- Apply ICS to Healthcare Organizations I200 for Hospitals/Healthcare
- Cobra Chemical/Biological Incident & 1st Responder Training
- Critical Thinking
- Honor Guard
- American Red Cross: CPR / First Aid Certification
- Mass Causalities Emergency Preparedness Drills
- Biological Emergency Preparedness Drills
- TB and NP-95 Respirator Mask Fitting